What can you learn about business from a camel wrangler? Quite a lot, as it turns out! This episode is all about “big picture” business strategy and how to overcome fear to create the business of your dreams. So listen in as I chat with English lecturer turned outback entrepreneur, Russell Osborne. After a personal tragedy shook Russell’s life to its core, he set out to achieve a bloody big goal that dominated his career as well as his personal life. How did he do it? What did he learn? Tune in to today’s episode to find out, as Russell takes us on a journey across outback Australia that delves into overcoming depression, designing your ideal life, and visualising your goals to make them a reality.
PLUS, in this episode I have a rant about the little things you absolutely MUST be doing in your business just to stay in the game. And I hit Russell with so many camel jokes there are even ones he hasn’t heard!
IN THIS SESSION OF SMALL BUSINESS BIG MARKETING, YOU’LL DISCOVER (5 Tips for a Camel Business):
1. What Russell sees as being the number one thing stopping small business owners achieve their goals
2. Why focusing on money is the worst thing you can focus on and where you should put your energy instead
3. How to use mental visualisation to achieve your business (and personal) goals
4. Why making a decision – any decision – is often the key to overcoming “analysis paralysis” and being stuck in a rut
5. Why facing your fears is a MUST, and how you can overcome the niggling doubts and worries we all face every day Why, as Rusell puts it, “your market is endless”…
And more camel jokes than you can poke a stick at!
6.00 Introducing today’s guest, Russell Osborne
19.00 The power of visualisation in building momentum and achieving your goals
30.00 How Russell’s ideas can be applied to any business
32.30 How Russell measures success
42.00 My top 3 take-aways from this episode
44.00 Barack Obama drops by with some feedback 🙂
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Russell’s co-owned business, Australian Camels
SOME OF OUR PRODUCTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Online Camel Trekking & Camel Expedition Course (for anyone considering a professional operation)
Many thanks to Tim Reid from Small Business Big Marketing